Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Travis Kelce has commented on being booed at the Mavs-Timberwolves game, where he was with Patrick Mahomes.

Published

on

Travis Kelce has admitted that he was taken aback by the Dallas Mavericks fans booing him during an NBA playoff game this week.

The Kansas City Chiefs star joined teammates Marquise ‘Hollywood’ Brown, Patrick Mahomes and the quarterback’s wife Brittany for the Mavericks’ Western Conference Finals Game 3 against the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The group sat courtside to soak up the action as Luka Doncic and co. stormed to a dominant 3-0 lead in the series.

However, the American Airlines Center wasn’t exactly kind to Kelce as chorus of boos echoed around the arena when he was shown on the jumbotron.

Dallas native Mahomes, however, received a warm welcome in contrast to his teammate as the Texan fans gave him a huge ovation.

Kelce responded to his Dallas haters during the latest episode of his New Heights podcast with his brother Jason.

‘I got booed twice, it’s… whatever. I get it, I’m not from Dallas, I’m just an innocent bystander,’ Kelce said. ‘Maybe they just don’t like the Chiefs’

Jason then chimed in, checking if the screen had shown Mahomes too in an effort to back his brother and suggest the crowd had been booing both of them.

‘Yeah, but… you know they’ll throw the name underneath and try and specify who they’re showing,’ Travis insisted.

‘They showed me and I got caught off-guard because I was trying to take a selfie with some people around me. And then Pat like taps me, and I’m like, “Oh s*** I’m on the jumbotron”, and then I heard all the boos and I’m like, “Oh s*** I’m getting booed. Nice, thanks, nice to see you guys.” And then they showed Pat and everyone is like “Yay”.’

Kelce, Brown and the Mahomeses were treated to a fantastic game that went down to the wire in Dallas as the Mavericks pulled away to a 116-107 win and a commanding 3-0 series lead over Minnesota.

Venus and Serena Williams attend the Gucci show in a glamorous appearance alongside their half-sister Lyndrea and their mother, Oracene.
CELEBRITY3 hours ago

Serena Williams Reveals Tummy-Tightening Procedure but Says 'I Will Always Love My Birthing Scars'
CELEBRITY3 hours ago

Serena Williams Reveals Tummy-Tightening Procedure but Says ‘I Will Always Love My Birthing Scars’

49ers-george-kittle-opens-up-on-losing-multiple-super-bowls-to-patrick-mahomes-and-chiefs-they-both-sck
CELEBRITY3 hours ago

George Kittle on Super Bowl Losses: Resilience, Reflection, and Looking Ahead with Determination

Serena Williams offers Caitlin Clark sage advice and dismisses her critics, saying, "They can't do what you do."
CELEBRITY4 hours ago

Serena Williams offers Caitlin Clark sage advice and dismisses her critics, saying, “They can’t do what you do.”

Speculation rises over Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian's marriage, are they headed towards divorce?
CELEBRITY4 hours ago

Speculation rises over Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian’s marriage, are they headed towards divorce?

Serena Williams gets testy when asked about Trump after being named on regular call list
CELEBRITY4 hours ago

Queen Camilla's wide-brimmed hat obstructs Zara and Mike Tindall as they attempt to greet her with a kiss at Royal Ascot.
CELEBRITY5 hours ago

Queen Camilla’s wide-brimmed hat obstructs Zara and Mike Tindall as they attempt to greet her with a kiss at Royal Ascot.

Nacho Figueras, Meghan Markle's friend, is criticized by royal fans for promoting her products before Kate Middleton's Trooping the Colour.
CELEBRITY5 hours ago

Nacho Figueras, Meghan Markle’s friend, is criticized by royal fans for promoting her products before Kate Middleton’s Trooping the Colour.

Footage of Patrick Mahomes, 14, playing in Junior League Baseball World Series re-emerges online as his MLB dreams with the Kansas City Royals await
CELEBRITY5 hours ago

Travis Kelce Hangs with George Kittle and Greg Olsen as They Kick Off Tight End University in Nashville
CELEBRITY6 hours ago

Chiefs might have to cut important player in tough team decision
CELEBRITY6 hours ago

Chiefs might have to cut important player in tough team decision

Travis Kelce makes new friends without Taylor Swift and has fun with Paulina Gretzky and Dustin Johnson
CELEBRITY6 hours ago